DIY Chevron and Polka Dots Embellished Shoes

Yayyyy today I brought another embellished shoes, Do you remember my Daisy and Butterfly Embellished shoes I made about a year ago?. I’m loving it and I plan to keep making them so just wait for them LOL. Today I’m sharing how to make these cute chevron and polka dots shoes. You won’t believe how easy they are to make.

DIY Chevron and Polka Dots Embellished Shoes

DIY Chevron and Polka Dots Embellished Shoes tutorial

I totally love unique things. And one of the things that make other things unique is handmade. No matter how well we follow a tutorial it will never, ever be the same. It will always have something from us that can never be replicated and that’s the beauty of this crafty world. Nothing is perfect but yet every fault is what makes them special and unique.

So, for this is I used basically 4 supplies:

• Pair of plain shoes,
  • Couple of cute buttons
  • chevron ribbon
  • and white fabric paint for dark surfaces.

Of course the regular ones: Scissors, pins, thread and needle.

DSC_5217

First of all I cut 2 stripes of chevron ribbon making sure that it would leave some extra millimeters to fold in. Place them where I want them to be and pin them in place.

DSC_5218

I fold the excess in and sew it to the very edge between the shoe fabric and the sole. I did this on each side of both shoes. Make sure the ribbon is not too tight nor too loose.

DSC_5220

Then with the fabric paint {I used puffy paint} I made some dots randomly all over the tip of the shoes and then in the back.

DSC_5221

Left it dry well over night and sewed the buttons. One on each shoe on the visible side of the shoe.

DSC_5275

That’s it! There you have it! A cute and unique pair of shoes and the best part my girl LOVED it! There is no greater reward!

DIY-Cute-Chevron-Polka-dots-Embellished-Shoes-Tutorial

DSC_5332

DIY-Chevron-Polka-dots-Embellished-Shoes

DSC_5324

Chevron-Polka-dots-Embellished-Shoes-Tutorial

Cute-Chevron-Polka-dots-Embellished-Shoes

So now it’s your turn, what do you think about handmade uniqueness??? Do you like making bought stuff special???

I have 22 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on DIY Chevron and Polka Dots Embellished Shoes

July 1, 2014

Adorable! I’ve been looking for plain canvas shoes for make pretty for my daughter since I saw your last handmade pair!

Pinning!

~ Ashley

July 2, 2014

Ooooh I’m so glad you like these shoes. I must confess I’m getting more plain shoes so I can keep making them as my girl grows! They are fun to make and unique! You should try and I would love to see them!!!

Lisa Hall says:
    July 3, 2014

These are so adorable Camila!
    I have to try this and make some for my Granddaughters!
    Thank-you for sharing this great project!
    Lisa

July 4, 2014

Thanks so much Lisa. I’m sure she will love it!!! =D
      Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!

Ginger says:
    July 6, 2014

Oh my goodness I need to try this… that’s amazing!

July 6, 2014

Thanks so much Ginger! I’m super glad you like it!!! =D

Sinea Pies says:
    July 8, 2014

How absolutely adorable! Pinned it!
    Hey, tonight Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop goes live at 7pm EDT. Stop by and share this?

July 9, 2014

Hi Sinea! I’m so glad you like them! Of course I will stop by Thanks so much!!!!

July 9, 2014

Haha That ribbon is fun. I love it too! You will see it again very soon LOL! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!

July 9, 2014

Hey Taya, happy to see you over here! Those are super easy to make and the plain shoes you can find them in Walmart. Super cheap and the possibilities are endless! I would love to see yours if you make them!

Ginger says:
    July 10, 2014

Absolutely darling! I love adding a little pizzazz to plain things as well. Miss having you over at the Show & Tell party. If you’re interested, we’d love to have you back.

July 11, 2014

I’m so glad you like it, Thansk so much! Also Thanks for reminding me your party! Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Emily says:
    July 10, 2014

love love love this! can’t wait to try this! Thanks for linking up to Create Link Inspire party.. I’m working ahead this weekend, but you will be featured on Sat in my Summer DIY ideas ;o) Hope you can stop by then and show the post some love… Emily

July 11, 2014

YAYYYYYY This are great news! How cool to be featured by you! Thanks so much! Can’t wait to stop by!

Nina says:
    July 13, 2014

Love this adorable little shoes! We embellish lots of things around here, including shoes, but these are just gorgeous ;o) Thanks for sharing, I think we’ll have to give this a try this coming week. If I share our embellished shoes on our blog, I will be sure to link my post back here to your blog for the original inspiration and encourage my readers and followers to stop by for a visit. See you next week at the SITS Girls Linky Party! Nina @ mamas*little*treasures

July 14, 2014

Awww you are so sweet! I’m super excited that I inspired you to make some of these. Kids love them and if you are used to embellish things you might know that already! I more than appreciate the link back but I’, really eager to see your creation when you make it =D
      Thanks so much for the love and visit!

Jenny says:
    July 14, 2014

Wow that looks so cute and easy to make. I would love it if you would share a post on my Meet Up Monday Blog Party!