DIY Chevron and Polka Dots Embellished Shoes - Titicrafty by CamilaTiticrafty by Camila

DIY Chevron and Polka Dots Embellished Shoes

Posted on July 1, 2014 by Camila

Your ads will be inserted here by

Easy AdSense.

Please go to the plugin admin page to
Paste your ad code OR
Suppress this ad slot.

Yayyyy today I brought another embellished shoes, Do you remember my Daisy and Butterfly Embellished shoes I made about a year ago?. I’m loving it and I plan to keep making them so just wait for them LOL. Today I’m sharing how to make these cute chevron and polka dots shoes. You won’t believe how easy they are to make.

DIY Chevron and Polka Dots Embellished Shoes

DIY Chevron and Polka Dots Embellished Shoes tutorial

I totally love unique things. And one of the things that make other things unique is handmade. No matter how well we follow a tutorial it will never, ever be the same. It will always have something from us that can never be replicated and that’s the beauty of this crafty world. Nothing is perfect but yet every fault is what makes them special and unique.

So, for this is I used basically 4 supplies:

• Pair of plain shoes,
  • Couple of cute buttons
  • chevron ribbon
  • and white fabric paint for dark surfaces.

Of course the regular ones: Scissors, pins, thread and needle.

DSC_5217

First of all I cut 2 stripes of chevron ribbon making sure that it would leave some extra millimeters to fold in. Place them where I want them to be and pin them in place.

DSC_5218

I fold the excess in and sew it to the very edge between the shoe fabric and the sole. I did this on each side of both shoes. Make sure the ribbon is not too tight nor too loose.

DSC_5220

Then with the fabric paint {I used puffy paint} I made some dots randomly all over the tip of the shoes and then in the back.

Your ads will be inserted here by

Easy AdSense.

Please go to the plugin admin page to
Paste your ad code OR
Suppress this ad slot.

DSC_5221

Left it dry well over night and sewed the buttons. One on each shoe on the visible side of the shoe.

DSC_5275

That’s it! There you have it! A cute and unique pair of shoes and the best part my girl LOVED it! There is no greater reward!

DIY-Cute-Chevron-Polka-dots-Embellished-Shoes-Tutorial

DSC_5332

DIY-Chevron-Polka-dots-Embellished-Shoes

DSC_5324

Chevron-Polka-dots-Embellished-Shoes-Tutorial

Cute-Chevron-Polka-dots-Embellished-Shoes

So now it’s your turn, what do you think about handmade uniqueness??? Do you like making bought stuff special???

I LOVE your opinion and comments, it totally makes my day, it gives me a huge motivation to keep making fun stuff and crafts!!!

If you like my happy spot I invite you to subscribe and get my updates. You also can follow me on my social networks.

Till next time!!! =D

Cami-Signature-144px

21 Responses to “DIY Chevron and Polka Dots Embellished Shoes”

1. Adorable! I’ve been looking for plain canvas shoes for make pretty for my daughter since I saw your last handmade pair!

Pinning!

~ Ashley

• Camila says:

Ooooh I’m so glad you like these shoes. I must confess I’m getting more plain shoes so I can keep making them as my girl grows! They are fun to make and unique! You should try and I would love to see them!!!

2. Lisa Hall says:

These are so adorable Camila!
    I have to try this and make some for my Granddaughters!
    Thank-you for sharing this great project!
    Lisa

3. Ginger says:

Oh my goodness I need to try this… that’s amazing!

4. Sinea Pies says:

How absolutely adorable! Pinned it!
    Hey, tonight Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop goes live at 7pm EDT. Stop by and share this?

5. So cute! Love the pink and white chevrons!

Navy Wifey Peters @ The Submarine Sunday Link Party!

• Camila says:

Haha That ribbon is fun. I love it too! You will see it again very soon LOL! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!

6. Taya says:

These are so cute! Saw them over on the SITS girl link up. I would love to make these for my little Ella Bella!

• Camila says:

Hey Taya, happy to see you over here! Those are super easy to make and the plain shoes you can find them in Walmart. Super cheap and the possibilities are endless! I would love to see yours if you make them!

7. Ginger says:

Absolutely darling! I love adding a little pizzazz to plain things as well. Miss having you over at the Show & Tell party. If you’re interested, we’d love to have you back.

8. Emily says:

love love love this! can’t wait to try this! Thanks for linking up to Create Link Inspire party.. I’m working ahead this weekend, but you will be featured on Sat in my Summer DIY ideas ;o) Hope you can stop by then and show the post some love… Emily

9. Nina says:

Love this adorable little shoes! We embellish lots of things around here, including shoes, but these are just gorgeous ;o) Thanks for sharing, I think we’ll have to give this a try this coming week. If I share our embellished shoes on our blog, I will be sure to link my post back here to your blog for the original inspiration and encourage my readers and followers to stop by for a visit. See you next week at the SITS Girls Linky Party! Nina @ mamas*little*treasures

• Camila says:

Awww you are so sweet! I’m super excited that I inspired you to make some of these. Kids love them and if you are used to embellish things you might know that already! I more than appreciate the link back but I’, really eager to see your creation when you make it =D
      Thanks so much for the love and visit!

10. Jenny says:

Wow that looks so cute and easy to make. I would love it if you would share a post on my Meet Up Monday Blog Party!