Upcycling Wine Bottles: DIY Twine Wrapped Decorative Vases

I saw this idea on Pinterest and I thought it was so nice that I had to give it a try. I really like the idea of repurposing things, upcyled things usually turn out super nice and brings life to any space. That’s why I made this Twine Wrapped Decorative Vases out of Wine bottles.

Upcycling Wine Bottles: DIY Twine Wrapped Decorative Vases

I have a table in my entrance that needed some love, so I decided to upcycle some wine bottles I had here to make some cute wrapped decorative Vases. I bought some twine and fake flowers and branches.

Here is how I made them:

What you need:

Twine, bottles, white glue, hot gun glue, ribbons (optional)

Thin the glue 50/50 with water. The idea is to have it a bit more fluid than it usually is.

Spread the glue with a brush in sections.

I started wrapping the bottle with the twine. I always try to hide the ends by trying to overlap the second loop over the end.

At the end, when the whole bottle is wrapped, cut the twine and glue it with Hot gun glue. Even every 10 or so loops add some hot gun glue, it helps keep everything in its place while wrapping.

You are done!…. for now! Lol

The decoration!

I made some little flowers with the twine to decorate it.

Grab the end of the twine with a needle nose pilars and make some loops around it.

When you feel it’s strong enough, remove the handle and keep looping the twine until the desired size. Every now and then add a bit of hot glue to keep it in place.

When you get the size you want cut the twine and glue the end. Make as many as you want.

I made 3 bottles and I decorated them differently. So just glue the flowers as you like. Imagination is the limit. And for the last detail I add some ribbons and bows.

This is how my bottles look, what do you think?

Cute or what???

I have 24 Lovely Comments, I would love to have yours... on Upcycling Wine Bottles: DIY Twine Wrapped Decorative Vases

Shari G says:
    May 29, 2013

What a very cool idea!! I don’t have a lot of wine bottles around, but I know many people who do, and I have this very big open “window” thing in our living room/front hall that I feel needs a little something. I think these would be amazing for that!

Thanks for linking up with my comment love linky. It’s so appreciated, and I would love if you linked up again.

June 4, 2013

Hi Shari, Thanks so much! I’m really happy this inspired you! That is so cool!

hugs

Bev Carter says:
    May 31, 2013

I have a few wine bottles that could use some decorating. These are so cute and I love how you decorated them. Adorable!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Bev
    @ Eclectic Red Barn

June 4, 2013

That is all I need, so happy you get inspired by my creations!!! Thanks so much!!!

hugs

June 2, 2013

Thanks so much for stopping by and linking this up with the DIY Sunday Showcase! Jen @ PinkWhen.com

June 3, 2013

These are so pretty. I love using twine. Not only is it a great look but you get so much of it. I especially like the little flowers :)

June 4, 2013

Hi Jessica, so cool to have you here!, Thanks so much for your lovely comment and sweet words! I’m really glad you like it!!!

xoxo

June 4, 2013

You have the best ideas!! I love this one too:). Thanks for linking up @ The Owl’s Skull today! J

June 5, 2013

Very cute ! I have an empty wine bottle on our counter, waiting to be used for a project. Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

Christine says:
    June 10, 2013

Absolutely beautiful Cami!!!! Love how they turned out!

Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer… From Dream to Reality! Looking forward to seeing what you have been up to tomorrow evening!

June 27, 2014

Thanks so much Tanya! Glad you like it and thanks for stopping by, hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Kimberlee says:
    June 24, 2014

What a great idea and so simple, too. I have a whole roll of that twine – I use it for various crafts and things – adding this to my list of things to use it for.

June 27, 2014

Yayyy love to inspire! Thanks so much for your sweet visit I super glad you like this idea!!!

June 24, 2014

Thanks for coming by the Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop. Love your post and appreciate you taking the time to share. I will be featuring this fabulous post this weekend on Facebook and Twitter. Pinning today!
    Blessings,
    Shari

June 27, 2014

Yayyyy Thanks so much! I’m so honored to be featured! Woot!

Michelle says:
    January 13, 2015

Love, Love this idea. I remember when we use to melt candles over bottles, and no, not giving up my age LOL. I need to try this! Thank you for sharing.

January 16, 2015

LOL… I love the melting candles too!!! Glad you liked this idea! Thank you for your lovely visit!